Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Washington University Student Life



So recently the newspaper wrote a exposé on our venerable ROTC unit. Don't take it too seriously, it was April Fool's Day.
“We looked like a unit of pink Power Rangers,” freshman and Staff Sergeant Max Fightmaster said. “My shirt is ruined! I’m ROTC; I’m not cool or ironic enough to wear a pink shirt! This is worse than when we played laser tag against the cheerleading team.”
Link to article: http://www.studlife.com/extras/special-issues/student-libel/rotc-loses-paintball-match-against-14-year-olds-at-birthday-party-1.1637387

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, one just can't a decent censorship of the press...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I just really love Sergeant Max Fightmaster. Its almost as intimidating as Sergeant Threats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if someone from stud life was spying on me, but the article also mentioned how we are just in ROTC to pay for med school and that we know absolutely nothing about "these gun thingys". I'm pretty sure those were my exact words the first time I held an M16.....I've grown some chest hair since those days. Now, I can disassemble an M16 like a pro; unfortunately, I'm pretty sure a little girl could still destroy me in paintball if she had the urge.

    ReplyDelete